Evangel University in Springfield, Missouri, is launching a national search for the president of the consolidated university.
Evangel currently is in the process of consolidating with Central Bible College and the Assemblies of God Theological Seminary, both in Springfield. This consolidation is contingent upon approval by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) who received the application for consolidation in June.
The consolidated university will be known as Evangel University.
The Presidential Search Committee met for the first time this week. The committee is comprised of representatives of the three institutions. Dr. James Bradford, general secretary of the Assemblies of God, chairs the committee. Other members are: Mr. Orville Mills (EU board member); Dr. Charles McKinney (AGTS donor); Dr. Jim Vigil (CBC administrator); Mrs. Dorothea Lotter (AGTS staff); Mr. Chuck Cox (EU staff); Rev. Randy Jumper (CBC alumni representative); Mr. Javier Rodriguez (EU student body president); and the following faculty from the three schools: Mr. Bernard Dana (EU); Dr. Bud Greve (EU); Dr. Deborah Gill (AGTS); Dr. Daniel Crabtree (CBC) and Dr. Bonnie Jenkins (CBC).
The Boards of Directors of the schools have chosen the Dingman Company, Inc. of Westlake Village, California, to assist the committee in its important work. This firm brings a breadth of experience and expertise to the search process and also is sensitive to the faith-based, Pentecostal nature of the consolidated university.
An opportunity profile will be released shortly. At that time, confidential applications and nominations will be accepted. Plans are to have a president-elect in place beginning the fall semester of 2013, contingent on approval for consolidation by the HLC.
Criteria for this position include the following:
• Professional Academic Competency. The candidate should possess an earned terminal degree from an accredited institution.
• Church and Ministry experience. The candidate should possess spiritual maturity and Christian character demonstrated in holy living and family leadership and must be an advocate of Pentecostal spirituality in the academic environment.
• Vision Casting through Public Relations and Communications. The candidate should be passionate about the mission of EU and be able to clearly communicate the mission to all constituencies.
• Leadership. The candidate should be a team builder and a coalition maker, facilitating the processes of institutional governance.
• Advancing the Institution through Fundraising and Development. The candidate should have the ability to cultivate good relationships with alumni and donors and possess the ability to raise funds.
Evangel University, controlled by The General Council of the Assemblies of God, is committed to excellence in educating and equipping students to become Spirit-empowered servants of God who impact the church and society globally.
To visit the consolidation website, click here.